ICA ( Indian Cellular Association) appealed Indian government not to give service to mobile phones, which are not having International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) & with invalid fake IMEI. So you must be aware of your mobile phone's IMEI number.
From the December 1st 2009, the Mobile phones without IMEI & with fake IMEI won't work (The service provider won't provide service). So please verify whether your mobile phone has unique genuine IMEI number. Follow the steps to verify your IMEI number.
- Type *#06# in your mobile
- It will show your IMEI number, which is of 15 digits. For Example::353773004404559
- Note it down
Then there are two ways to verify it
- Through SMS - send "IMEI your-IMEI-number" to 53232
- For example IMEI 353773004404559
- For correct IMEI the messsage come as success
- For invalid IMEI the message will come as Invalid IMEI