You may want to change your IP address for many purposes. Here are the simple steps to change your IP address in Windows XP Operating System. It can be changed Using two methods,one is by using Command prompt & another is to use simple manual method
Command Prompt Method:
- Go to Start then select Run
- Type cmd on the Run window
- Now the command prompt will open
- Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt
- After thet type ipconfig /renew
- Go to Start select Control panel or Settings (If you are using category view,please click on switch to classic view in the left side of control panel)
- Now click on Network Connections.
- Now you can see your internet connection (like dial-up connection)
- Right click on your internet connection and select Disable and wait for some minutes to finish the process
- Now again right click your internet connection and select Enable
- This method is possible,when your ISP can assign you dynamic IP address.
- Click here to know your IP address