Some of my friends told me that they have a problem with opening their local drives. i.e., whenever they try to open local disk,they will get a "Open With" window.. This problem comes due to some virus programs,which infects your system processes & block your access to any of those drives. This is a simple problem, you can remove it easily.
The basic problem here is,the virus process (creates and)handles the autorun.inf in every local disk. This process is helpful for viruses for their initiation,when you try to open local disks. So they are saved in Read Only format. I have given you the steps below to you to remove these files,
- Go to Start --> Run then type cmd and press Enter
- Now the command prompt window will be displayed
- Type cd\ It takes you to the root directory
- Then type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf ,This command makes the file deletable
- Finally delete it by typing del autorun.inf
- Then do this for all other local drives( for example,Local disk D can be cleared by " type d: and do the steps 3 , 4 & 5")
After doing all these, your system doesn't have autorun.inf.. Now do a boot time scan ( If you don't know click here to read from my previous article). That's all, Now you won't have the same problem again.
Related Articles:SOME MORE TRICKS AND TIPS RELATED TO THIS ARTICLE